The Dutch-Flemish Society for Grassland and Fodder Crops is pleased to welcome you to the 30th EGF General Meeting that will be held from the 9th to the 13th of June, 2024, in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. The theme of this General Meeting is “Why grasslands?”.
The General Meeting of the European Grassland Federation in 2024 will focus on the role of grasslands. Together with researchers, farmers and other relevant stakeholders we will answer the question “why grasslands?”. It will be a platform to share new knowledge and an opportunity for dialogues between the different stakeholders. Together we will identify emerging issues, come up with innovative solutions and discuss about the future of our grasslands.
- We warmly invite you to submit abstracts to one of the five subthemes of the General Meeting:
- WHAT? What is the role of grasslands in net food security?
- HOW? How do we balance ecosystem services?
- WHICH? Which methods can be used to monitor, evaluate and steer grassland management?
- WHERE? Where should we focus on which ecosystem services?
- WHOM? For whom are grasslands important?
Abstracts should be submitted through the abstract database: Abstract submission EGF 2024
- The abstract should correspond to 1 of the 5 themes
- The title is allowed to be max. 100 keystrokes
- The abstract in total is allowed to be max. 2500 keystrokes
- The body of the abstract is allowed to be max. 200 words
The deadline for submitting abstracts is postponed to 26 September 2023. Be aware, this will be the final deadline. The Scientific Committee will select the oral papers and the posters. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to write a full paper (three pages for offered papers, deadline 30 November 2023). The papers will be subject to a further review. All accepted papers will be published in Grassland Science in Europe.
Further information can be found on the website https://www.egf2024.com/. For up-to-date information on the General Meeting (program, excursions, social events) please regularly check the website.
We are looking forward to your contribution and to meet you in Leeuwarden in 2024!
On behalf of the organizing committee,
dr. Agnes van den Pol-van Dasselaar – President
dr. Wiepk Voskamp – chair Organising Committee
dr. Cindy Klootwijk – chair Scientific Committee